Wreckfest – Console Release Trailer
Bugbear Entertainment and Great branding approached Kauas with a need to advertise a brand new car game to an audience that barely knew of its existence. As one of the oldest and still operating Finnish game companies, Bugbear had lots of hype to live up for, having created genre classics in the past such as the much celebrated ”Flat Out” series. And the results of the collaboration were very impressive.
“Bugbear had pretty much all eggs in the one basket so it was extremely important to make it succeed.”
– Janne Alanenpää, Managing Director, Bugbear Entertainment Ltd.
- RACER, created for the competitive gamer.
- CRASHER, a character for those with appetite for destruction.
- BONE BREAKER, our character for players that simply are enjoying the fun and craziness of what the world has to offer.
Our strategy was three-fold from the get go, as we knew that a console release was on the horizon in the near future, giving us multiple campaign timelines to build upon to capture the hearts of our audience.
Other campaign videos
- Wreckfest – Console Release Date Trailer Jul 2, 2019
- Wreckfest – Lucky99, the Racer Teaser Jul 16, 2019
- Wreckfest – Lucky99, the Racer Trailer Jul 17, 2019
- Wreckfest – Sheriff, the Crasher Teaser Jul 29, 2019
- Wreckfest – Sheriff, the Crasher Trailer Jul 31, 2019
- Wreckfest – Zero Hero, the Bonebreaker Teaser Aug 12, 2019
- Wreckfest – Zero Hero, the Bonebreaker Trailer Aug 15, 2019
- Wreckfest – Console Release Teaser Aug 27, 2019
- Wreckfest – Retro Rammers Car Pack Trailer Sep 10, 2019
- Wreckfest – Goofy Roofs Pack Trailer Sep 24, 2019
- Wreckfest – Backwoods Bangers Car Pack Trailer Oct 22, 2019
- Wreckfest – Fall Update Trailer – featuring two new, free tracks and much more Oct 31, 2019
- Wreckfest – Steel & Wheels Pack Trailer Nov 26, 2019
- Wreckfest – Holiday Update and Modified Monsters Car Pack Trailer Dec 17, 2019
The final product got really good welcome from the fans who were digging into the different creative approach, THREE characters story and quality of sound and voiceover. At the release week the game was #1 in Australia, #2 in UK which were really important markets for it.
Trailers got approximately 40M video views and generated almost 1M clicks and 110K engagements (likes or comments) 98,5% of which were likes, and only 1,5% dislikes. All this raised the brand interest +147% and Wreckfest consideration +10,5%.
Client: THQ Nordic & Bugbear Entertainment
Managing Director (Bugbear Entertainment): Janne Alanenpää
Planning: Kauas Creative Oy & Great Branding Oy
Creative Directors: Janne Amunét & Arto Komulainen
Executive Producer: Olli Keskinen
Production: Kauas Creative Oy
Director: Janne Amunét
Producer: Hanna Heikkilä
DoP: Max Smeds
Photographer: Olli Keskinen
Sylist: Janic Leino & Sonja Immonen
1st AC: Petri Kiljunen
1st AD: Misael Sine
Gaffer: Ville Tolvanen
MuaH: Emma Räsänen
Edit: Jeremias Nieminen & Joonas Tsokkinen
Graphic Design and animation: Hanna Miettinen
Colorist: Jeremias Nieminen
Music: Ben Winwood
Sound design: Tommi Toivonen & Mika Värtö, Vild Factory
Media agency: THQ Internal